Wednesday, November 01, 2006

last flutter ...

During my usual lunchtime stroll I was suprised to see a butterfly fluttering about - not what you'd expect on the 1st of November - even if it is a lovely sunny day.

I did a little bit of sketching while I was out (seagulls), nothing to write home about or to bother posting, but it's a little more than I've done for a while ...

I doodle all the time, working through ideas and thoughts, but this was observational sketching and it felt good! It suprised me how much better I felt in myself afterwards - calmer somehow - if that makes sense. I guess I should sketch more often ....

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

Show us some of your sketches!
Penny.

tlchang said...

It makes total sense. If you are able to get in 'the zone' (or your right brain, or however you want to describe it) - you ARE calmer, more peaceful and present. I always talk to my students about "enlightenment through art". :-)