Monday, February 27, 2006

this weekend ...

This weekend I did some sketching of some of the little plants I have around in pots, here are some of the results:

A pot of Hyacinths that we have growing in the bathroom, one that isn't open and showing flowers at all, and another that is fairly well underway - from the side and above ...


Viola odorata (sweet violet) details - I also painted these in watercolour, which I'll add to a post when I can get it scanned.


I had fun doing these, it took my mind off all sorts of worries ;)

2 comments:

Gretel said...

Drawing can be a wonderful escape from It All...and the focus often produces lovely results like these. Every cloud...

Gail said...

Thanks Gretel! I do appreciate the feedback I get on here ;)
(... makes me realise that I'm not as useless as some people think and that I sometimes feel ...)