Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ten Drawings by Leonardo da Vinci

There's an exhibition coming up - in Exeter again at the Royal Albert Memorial Museum called "Ten Drawings by Leonardo da Vinci: An Exhibition to Celebrate the 80th Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen", that I plan to go and see with my boyfriend. Now this one I want to see twice, even if we go in on a Saturday in the morning, then pop back again before we catch the bus back to Plymouth in the afternoon. I can't wait.

I can't wait ... I remember when I was at college (in South Africa), studying the history of art section of my course, thinking that I'd never get to see any of the work by the great masters of art other than printed in books. Books never do art justice (in my opinion!).

It's a travelling exhibition, so people might be able to catch it elsewhere:
Aberdeen Art Gallery on 14 June to 28 August 2006
Leeds City Art Gallery on 7 September to 19 November 2006
National Museum & Art Gallery, Cardiff on 25 November to February 2007

No comments: