Tuesday, January 10, 2006

watching the weather

Last night I was clicking through the photos on my digi camera that I took over the Christmas break. We were staying in Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast and from the bedroom we had an almost uninterrupted view over the bay - to me, who has only a street view from the bedroom at home, such things are a luxury!

It's so relaxing and calming to be able to open the curtains in the morning and see the day unfolding, the clouds caught by the sun or even a developing blue sky ... it seems to give you a sense of what the day holds.

It was great walking and watching the weather develope across the bay. I've got some lovely shots of the snow moving across the water from Flamborough head, as well as some really atmospheric shots taken on Reighton beach a little further north looking towards Bempton Cliffs. (Note to self: I really must find the time to post some of these here.)

I dream of one day living somewhere with that kind of view and to be able to record it's changing moods everyday in paintings ...

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Its lovely up there you must of hada wonderful break. I used to like going to watch the puffins at Flambrough when I lived up there in a previous life.

Gail said...

I always seem to miss being up there when there are lots of puffins in residence, we always seem to be there early spring when there aren't very many or in the autumn when they have all left ...
We're going up again at the end of March beginning of May, so we may see a few ... fingers crossed ;)